NORTH LITTLE ROCK, ARK. – The 12th-ranked Tigers captured their second straight Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference championship and earned a fifth straight trip to the NCAA Division III Championship with a 9-0 win over 22nd-ranked Trinity.
DePauw took all three doubles matches by 8-2 scores to gain a 3-0 lead and then won four of the six singles matches in straight sets and won the third set in the other two matches for the shutout.
The Tigers improved to 16-8 on the season, while Trinity dropped to 11-7.
Pairings for the 2009 NCAA Championship will be announced on Monday, May 4. DePauw will be making its eighth appearance overall in the tournament.
Trinity University vs DePauw University
Apr 26, 2009 at North Little Rock, Ark.
#12 DePauw University 9, #22 Trinity University 0
1. Janelle Arita (DEPAUW) def. Katy Poettcker (TRINITY) 6-0, 7-5
2. Greer Mackie (DEPAUW) def. Katie Griffith (TRINITY) 6-3, 3-6, 1-0 (11-9)
3. Kelly Gebert (DEPAUW) def. Erin Jamison (TRINITY) 6-2, 6-3
4. Kayla Smith (DEPAUW) def. Megan Jackson (TRINITY) 6-3, 6-1
5. Tricia Wilks (DEPAUW) def. Melissa Weinnig (TRINITY) 2-6, 6-4, 6-4
6. Betsey Flanzer (DEPAUW) def. Kelsie Lawson (TRINITY) 6-1, 6-2
1. Greer Mackie/Kayla Smith (DEPAUW) def. Katy Poettcker/Erin Jamison (TRINITY) 8-2
2. Janelle Arita/Kelly Gebert (DEPAUW) def. Kelsie Lawson/Kassie Seger (TRINITY) 8-2
3. Kristine Lewry/Tricia Wilks (DEPAUW) def. Megan Jackson/Melissa Weinnig (TRINITY) 8-2