-Score: St. Edward’s 6, UA Fort Smith 3
-Records: St. Edward’s 3-2: UA Fort Smith 2-6
-Location: Dallas, Texas (Kiest Park)
How It Happened
-The Hilltoppers led 2-1 after doubles action and quickly won at the number one and three singles position. A win by Pedro Bronstrup at number two singles clinched the match for St. Edward’s.
-Bronstrup and Felix Bake have teamed up at number two doubles to win four-straight matches.
St. Edward’s 6, UA Fort Smith 3
1. James Rogers/Maximo Agoglia (SEUMT) def. Jorge Salazar/Chris Ramirez (UAFSMT) 8-5
2. Felix Bake/Pedro Bronstrup (SEUMT) def. Clay Sandefur/Matt Tabler (UAFSMT) 8-3
3. Sean Manning/Caleb Gunsch (UAFSMT) def. Adrian Garza/Alexandre Bueno (SEUMT) 9-8 (7-4)
1. James Rogers (SEUMT) def. Sean Manning (UAFSMT) 6-1, 6-0
2. Pedro Bronstrup (SEUMT) def. Chris Ramirez (UAFSMT) 7-5, 6-2
3. Maximo Agoglia (SEUMT) def. Jorge Salazar (UAFSMT) 6-2, 6-2
4. Felix Bake (SEUMT) def. Matt Tabler (UAFSMT) 6-2, 2-6, 6-1
5. Clay Sandefur (UAFSMT) def. Adrian Garza (SEUMT) 6-4, 7-5
6. Caleb Gunsch (UAFSMT) def. Alexandre Bueno (SEUMT) 6-2, 6-3
St. Edward’s will be back in action Tuesday when they travel to take on Tyler Junior College. That match will take place in Waco, Texas at 2 p.m.