-Score: #19 Cameron 5, #24 St. Edward’s 2
-Records: St. Edward’s 8-14; Cameron 21-3
-Location: Lawton, Okla. (Streich-Henry Family Tennis Center)
How It Happened
-St. Edward’s dropped two matches in doubles play at the number one and three positions. The duo of Maximo Agoglia and James Rogers held a two-game advantage for most of their doubles match at the number two position, but Cameron rallied to win the match in a tiebreaker, 9-8. That put the Hilltoppers down 3-0 moving to singles.
-With its backs against the wall, St. Edward’s came out swinging in singles play. The Hilltoppers would win the first set in four of the six singles matches. Needing five victories, the Hilltoppers’ Felix Bake fought back after dropping the first set to take set number two.
-Alex Bueno dropped his match at number five singles to push St. Edward’s to the limit, as it could not lose another match with Cameron ahead, 4-0.
-Agoglia finished off his opponent at number three singles, 6-0, 6-3.
-Bake completed his comeback with a 2-6, 6-1, 6-1 win at the number four spot.
-With Pedro Bronstrup and Michael Garza locked into a third set with their opponents at the number two and six spots, Rogers was also in set number three with #20 Nicolai Ferrigno. It came down to a tiebreaker, which Ferrigno won, 9-7. That clinched the team match for the Aggies, 5-2
Cameron 5, St. Edward’s 2
1. Nicolai Ferrigno (CUMT) def. James Rogers (SEUMT) 4-6, 6-2, 7-6 (9-7)
2. Duje Janjic (CUMT) vs. Pedro Bronstrup (SEUMT) 2-6, 7-5, 4-1, unfinished
3. Maximo Agoglia (SEUMT) def. Dennis Merden (CUMT) 6-0, 6-3
4. Felix Bake (SEUMT) def. Jorge Gerosi (CUMT) 2-6, 6-1, 6-1
5. Angelo Lencioni (CUMT) def. Alexandre Bueno (SEUMT) 6-4, 6-1
6. Joao Fazendeiro (CUMT) vs. Adrian Garza (SEUMT) 4-6, 7-5, 2-4, unfinished
1. Duje Janjic/Angelo Lencioni (CUMT) def. Felix Bake/Pedro Bronstrup (SEUMT) 8-2
2. Dean Weigelt./Nicolai Ferrigno (CUMT) def. James Rogers/Maximo Agoglia (SEUMT) 9-8 (7-3)
3. Dennis Merden/Joao Fazendeiro (CUMT) def. Alexandre Bueno/Ivan Vaz (SEUMT) 8-2
St. Edward’s ends it 2012-13 season, advancing to the NCAA Tournament for the fifth-straight season and for the 12th time in the 15 years the Hilltoppers have been NCAA Division II.